If a country’s exchange rates are higher than those of another country, exports will be more costly and imports will be less expensive. The same thing can be said in reverse. Lower currency exchange rates make the country’s exports less expensive and imports more costly in the forex market. A higher rate brings down the country’s trade balance and a low currency rate heightens it.
There are various things that determine what exchange rates will be. These rates are the currency ratio of two countries. Here are a few factors which affect them.
1. If a country’s inflation rate is less, purchase power increases when compared to other nations with high inflation rates. Lower rates of inflation usually go with higher interest rates.
2. Interest rates of a nation are usually set by a central bank. High rates of interest result in a high rate of return which influences the currency rate to rise. Interest rates, foreign exchange rates, and inflation are all inter-related. Therefore, the country’s inflation rate raises more than interest rates are lowered which decreases the country’s foreign exchange in the forex market.
3. Foreign trade between two nations is by paying for goods, dividends, interests, and services. There will be a deficit in current account if the country is spending more than they are bringing in. In that situation, more foreign currency is necessary to cover the deficit. The increased demand for foreign currency lessens the country’s foreign rate.
4. Foreign investors analyze government projects and what funding is available to finish them before they invest in any country. If a government has previously borrowed from other countries, the inflation rate will raise and foreign investors will not invest in that country. This is one of the most vital factors which can have an impact on a country’s exchange rates.
5. The country’s import and export ratio, related to current account, is important in determining the country’s current rate of exchange.
6. Foreign investors look for companies with solid economic performance. They also search for a stable political platform. The less a country has economic or political risks, the more attractive it will be and will get more foreign currency.
Try the Yahoo converterfor checking the latest exchange rates for your desired currency.