Many people think of making an investment in the stock market as a means of reaching retirement goals and little more. There’s very little that may be further from the truth though. There are several reasons that folk invest in the stock market possessing a ton to do with the more immediate future. If you have not considered all of the great things that will come about as the result of savvy investing in the stock market and mutual funds, maybe these ideas will give you a little inspiration.
1) Purchasing a home. While you don’t necessarily need the cash up-front to pay for the whole house it would be great. Of course, down payments are good to have to and the more money you can spend as a deposit the lower IR it’s possible to get, which means you will pay significantly less over the period of your house. It also suggests you will have instant equity in your home that is nearly always a great thing.
2) Sending the children to varsity. This is a long term investing target but it is not as long-term for many as retirement. Many of us can basically foresee sending our youngsters off to university while we aren’t yet prepared to fantasize or daydream (or dread) what our retirement is going to be like. But many of us wonder regularly how they’re going to give their kids the university education they dream about for their children.
3) Braces and other hospital bills. If you have children you should be prepared for surprising medical and dental expenses on the way. Even if you have got a super insurance plan chances are that you’re going to need to bear the brunt of a number of these costs along the way in the form of deductibles and corp payments that may be costly in their own rights. It helps if you have got a little cash put aside and getting interest for these occasions.
4) Dream holidays. Everybody has places we might love to go, things we might love to do, and sights we’d like to see. Most of us put plenty of effort and time into securing our future and forget the importance of taking a little time to enjoy the time we have today. Our children are only young once so if you need to take them to Disney it’s best to do it while they’re young and can enjoy and remember the experience. More importantly they can recollect sharing the experience with you. This is one of the finest reasons to invest.
5) To pay for the unexpected. Pipes burst, the heating and air-conditioning go out, and new automobiles are required along the way. Most investments have a far better return on investment than the average bank’s rate of interest. This means that by investing the cash you are more likely to have it making profits for you while you are waiting for those moments when you want to withdraw it in order to handle those little emergencies.
As you can see there are plenty of reasons to invest your cash that have nothing to do with retirement though securing a snug retirement is near the head of most peoples catalogues of reasons to invest. If you have not thought of all these reasons and 1 or 2 more and are not yet investing, what on earth is preventing you from beginning right away?