In the exciting world of day trading, eminis have become a massively preferred and lucrative form of trading. But what is it exactly and why has it become so well-liked?
E minis are a method that’s employed to trade an index such as the S&P500 but on a considerably smaller scale than trading the index themselves. An e mini enables you to get into the index contract at a fraction (about one fifth) of the cost of the full contract. This makes emini trading economical to quite a few more personal investors/traders and has allowed the market to really open up.
So besides being much more affordable to the day trader, here are some other factors which make day trading eminis so appealing:
* Online Trading – Emini’s are traded online
* Nearly 24 hrs a day – The e mini can be traded 23.5 hrs per day, 5 days per week (having said that the market is far more volatile and liquid in the course of the regular US trading hrs.
* Volatility and Liquidity – with the large quantity being traded on the market each day, the market is both volatile and liquid.
* Low Brokerage Rates – with online trading there is no necessity for human intervention when placing trades. There are many online brokerage firms who have the software and technology to place your bids, stops and sell instructions at the click of a button.
* Leveraged Product – being a leveraged product means that you pay a comparatively little amount but reap the benefits of a ‘large’ contract. So any little gains you make can translate into big profits. Even so, by the same token, any little losses you generate can also translate into big financial losses.
Even though day trading eminis is now open to a considerably larger group of traders, it’s still not a novice’s game. You need to get training on how to trade the e mini market and you absolutely need to make certain you practice by paper trading initially. Yes there is a lot of money to be produced in day trading eminis but there’s also a lot of income to be lost! Don’t jump into it without first understanding what you’re doing.